In order to receive funding from the Student Assembly for a special projects request or a co-sponsorship request, you must complete five steps. The level of approval required depends on how much money you are requesting. Any advertising material for an accepted project must credit the Cornell Student Assembly as a co-sponsor and incorporate the logo. Funds are limited, and are intended to be used in ways that benefit the whole campus community.
If you are requesting less than $400, you will need the written approval of the SA President
and the SA Vice President for Finance
. If you are requesting between $400 and $1500, you will need the approval of the Appropriations Committee
. If you are requesting more than $1,500, you will need the approval of the Appropriations Committee and the Student Assembly.
You will need to complete the following five steps:
- You must fill out the online form below, detailing:
- on whose behalf you require the funds
- how much funding you are requesting
- other assorted questions
- If the request is less than $400, the SA Vice President for Finance will contact you regarding the status of your request within three business days of submission of the request (skip to step #4). If the request is more than $400, the request will be placed on the Appropriations Committee's agenda (move to step #3).
- (N.B. Step #3 applies only if you are requesting more than $400) Plan to present and discuss your proposal with the Appropriations Committee (which meets on Monday from 4:45pm to 6:30pm). After presenting, the Vice President for Finance will contact you regarding the status of your request within two business days of presenting before the Appropriations Committee.
- If the request is more than $1500, after approval by the Appropriations Committee, the request will be placed on the Student Assembly's agenda for approval that Thursday. The Vice President for Finance will contact you regarding the status of your request within two business days of approval by the Student Assembly.
- If your request is approved, print and fill out this paper form or visit 109 Day Hall and pick up a paper copy of the form. You may make your purchase after receiving written approval from the Vice President for Finance.
- After making your purchase and filling out a paper copy of the form, submit the paper form to the Vice President for Finance at either 4:40pm on Mondays in 163 Day Hall or at 4:30pm on Thursdays in the Memorial Room for his/her written signature.